The Advantages of Hydro-Excavation
These days the risk involved in digging without knowing where to dig is just too great. Whether you are excavating near an electric line, a water or sewer pipe, or fiber optic cable, even digging with a shovel can cause an expensive and unsafe incident. If it’s underground, and it’s delicate, expensive or dangerous, you should be using hydro excavation in order to visually confirm the location of the utilities before you dig!
A full service underground utility location and installation company
• No damage to utilities
• Safer than Heavy Equipment Excavation
• Reduced restoration costs
• Know the exact location of utilities
• Precise holes for pilings
• Dig up to 300’ from the truck
• Overhead restrictions OK
• Sandy or sloughing soils OK
• Truck used for super-tight places
• Work around vertical pipe and tanks
• Latest Technology
• Utility Excavation – assists utility construction professionals with their underground projects by exposing the existing buried infrastructures prior to the beginning of excavation. All of the existing pipes and cables are exposed by using our Hydroexcavation services giving you peace of mind before using back hoes, trenchers or augers.
• Utility Pole Holes—uses hydroexcavtion to dig utility pole holes and concrete base holes for contractors, utility providers and municipalities. Right-of-ways can be congested with buried utilities. Our hydroexcavators can quickly excavate pole holes and base holes. If a buried utility is exposed during the excavation, the utility isn’t damaged. Back hoes and auger trucks can cause expensive damages and risk lives. Hydroexcavation is the safe, fast, clean alternative to conventional excavating methods.
Uses for Hydro-Excavation
• Potholing/Daylighting—Uses water pressure and a powerful vaccum system to safely expose underground utilities. The only way to prevent damaging buried cables and pipes before digging is to pothole the utility. Once you have exposed the utility to the daylight there is no question of location and depth of the utility.
• Utility Locating—provides safe digging procedures when locating underground utilities. Our powerful vacuum excavators will exhume the soils surrounding the buried utility verifying location, depth, and type of utility.
• Hydroexcavation/Hydrovac Excavation – Hydroexcavation/hydrovac excavation services saves the utility industry thousands of dollars every year. Hydroexcavation is the use of water pressure along with a powerful vacuum to safely expose underground utilities. The use of Hydroexcavation prevents damages to utilities by back hoes, trenchers and other conventional digging equipment. The uncovered utility can be seen by the entire work crew leaving no question of location and depth.
• Remote Excavations—When conventional digging equipment can’t access a steep hillside, building basement, backyard excavation or other confined area here is your answer. Uses a powerful vacuum to dig anywhere a backhoe can’t access. We park our large excavator near the work area and extend our hoses to the excavation site. You can dig trenches in existing building for plumbing pipe relocations or repairs, bathroom remodels, basement drainage or waterproofing, crawlspace room additions, or in remote areas for culvert pipe cleaning.